I realize sugar cookies may not be the first treat that pops into your head as we kick off summer, but after my #hackapalooza event last week I wanted to recreate a few favorite posts. My favorite sugar cookie recipe was at the top of my list.
What I like about this sugar cookie recipe is it uses less butter and sugar than other similar recipes. And, the dough is smooth and easy to roll. I get consistent results with my cut outs. I like my dough a little thicker so the cookie can stand up to the frosting.
SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH
Baking temperatures vary, but I like my sugar cookies on the soft side. I set time or nine minutes and get an evenly baked sheet of sugar cookies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl beat butter, sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla
- Add flour mixture
- Gather dough and divide in half. Flatten into 2 disks and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Roll out cookie dough.
- Place cut out cookie shapes on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 9 -10 minutes depending on oven.
Linking to: Eighteen25