Hi there! I have a mother-in-law who gives me a People magazine subscription every year at Christmas. My friends think it’s so funny that my weekly issue of a celebrity magazine is from my 84 year old mother-in-law. It’s one of the many reasons I love her. One of my favorite sections in the magazine is the Celebrity Recipes. Today I want to share the Cake Boss’s Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies.
I love easy recipes and these chocolate chip and walnut cookies are not complicated. And, there is no secret ingredient. But, there must be something special because they taste so good. That’s what surprised me the most. I expect fancy when I hear Buddy Valastro’s signature nickname Cake Boss. Everything he does is so over the top so the fact that his go-to cookie recipe is this one makes me like him a little bit more.
cake boss’s chocolate chip & walnut cookies
The combination of the butter, sugars, chocolate chips and walnuts are just the perfect combination for sweet and nutty. The walnuts add a little bulk to the standard issue chocolate chip cookie. These cookies would be perfect for casual bbq or those nights you just want something sweet after dinner.
chocolate chip and walnut cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package chocolate chips or 8 oz coarsely chopped chocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until fluffy and turns several shades lighter in color.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and baking soda on low.
- Gradually add flour. Followed by chocolate and walnuts
- Drop heaping balls of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 10-13 minutes.
Cake Boss’s Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies