Warning: array_filter() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in /home/notatrop/public_html/wp-content/plugins/Ultimate-Premium-Plugin/usm_premium_icons.php on line 626
I can’t think of a better breakfast combination for a chaos filled morning than tater-tots and scrambled egg muffins. And, the best part of this egg based breakfast is it can be prepared ahead of time and popped into a toaster oven or microwave.
Now, in all honesty, this breakfast is not a knock it out of the ballpark breakfast, but who has time for that on a Monday morning? This recipe is the recipe for those manic Mondays and these tater-tots and egg muffins will make you believe you were a better mom than if you had popped a few pastry tarts into the toaster. #snarky #notthatmom
tater-tots & scrambled egg muffins
- 1/2 -1 bag of frozen tater- tots
- scrambled egg mix (using whatever you like to whisk in the mix)
- cooking spray or muffin liners
This recipe is virtually full proof which is a big win at my house. The only prep involved is to soften the frozen tots in a skillet so they are slightly mushy. Follow with folding the egg mixture over each tater-tot lined muffin.
tater-tots & scrambled egg muffins recipe
- 1 bag of hash browns
- 6-12 eggs
- favorite add-ins for the eggs
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or line muffin tin with liners
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Soften frozen hash browns by browning in skillet on medium heat
- Prepare egg mixture with your favorite add ins
- Scoop hash brown mixture evenly into each muffin tin
- Pour egg mixture equally over each hash brown mixture
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
That’s it! I made mine ahead on a Sunday evening and froze a few for later in the week. I added turkey bacon and peppers. This would be an easy make ahead breakfast for camping… I think. I am not from a family of campers. But, my son recently went camp as a post-high school graduation guys gig.
Eggs on the run are a nice alternative to runny eggs! ha!