Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. That’s crazy? What happened to January? Does anyone feel like the holiday sugar binge cycle begins in October and wraps up in April? And, then we get a few summer holidays to keep us from falling off the wagon before candy corn stocks the grocery shelves the end of August. Whew… who has time to pout about Christmas season being done. It will be here before you know it. Well, consider these Peppermint Valentine Cookies one of the season’s last hoorah if you love an M&M filled cookie. What makes them qualify as a Valentine cookie? The red and white M&M candies. Don’t overthink it.
These cookies are made with Peppermint M&M’s which are conveniently dipped in white and red candy coating so if you stock up on a few bags you can recycle this recipe for the 4th of July too, Memorial and Labor Day and Christmas. See how fast the calendar turns?
Here’s the recipe my sister (in-law) gave me after I devoured at least a 1/2 dozen of these peppermint M&M laced cookies. And, the dry vanilla pudding that is added to the mix does something to these cookies. I can’t figure out what.. exactly. But, you want to have a box of vanilla pudding handy before you make this recipe.
peppermint valentine cookies recipe
- Peppermint M&M Pudding Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding, dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla pudding mix and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and baking soda. Slowly add this mixture to the wet ingredients until all ingredients are mixed.
- Stir in the Peppermint Crunch pieces and M&Ms until they are all mixed into the dough.
- Roll the dough into rounded teaspoonfuls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies
Pinning Image wink