Patricia Heaton is the older sister I always wanted or my best friend. I would take either scenario. Some of her best friends are from the friendships through her kids. Isn’t that how most of our friendships develop; through sports, carpool, hobbies, faith and so on and so on. So what I love about Patricia Heaton’s new cookbook is the back story behind the recipes. Like this Bourbon pecan-glazed pound cake recipe. She teases it up with a story of her sister throwing this Bourbon based pound cake at her head. I love her! And, I think you will love Patricia Heaton’s Bourbon Pecan-glazed pound cake.
Patricia Heaton’s pound cake was so good you might throw something at someone if it comes down to who gets the last slice. I think I chose this recipe from her new cookbook because pound cake reminds me of my mid-west childhood.
Pound cake was an easy cake for any reason worthy of a celebration or a Saturday afternoon.
It’s moist and light. And, there was an easy substitute if you don’t have or drink bourbon.
It’s an extra splash of orange juice!
And, the glaze is virtually foolproof if you have a history of icing fails.
(See almost every recipe post I have created).
Patricia Heaton’s Bourbon-Pecan Glazed Pound Cake
- 2 STICKS
- 1 CUP SUGAR
- 1 TSP VANILLA
- 3 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMP
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1 TSP. BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TSP SEA SALT
- 1/4 CUP BUTTERMILK
- 1 CUP POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED
- 1 TBSP FRESH ORANGE JUICE
- A TBSP BUTTER, MELTED
- 1 TBSP. BOURBON OR 1 EXTRA TBSP. OF ORANGE JUICE
- 1/4 CUP PECANS TOASTED & CHOPPED
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 325. LINE A 9" LOAF PAN W/PARCHMENT PAPER.
- CAKE: COMBINE BUTTER & SUGAR IN LARGE BOWL.BEAT UNTIL FLUFFY.
- ADD VANILLA & EGGS. BEAT UNTIL LIGHT AND FLUFFY.
- ADD THE FLOUR, BAKING POWDER, SALT. BEAT UNTIL MIXED.
- ADD BUTTERMILK AND BEAT FOR 15-30 MINUTES.
- BAKE APPROX. 70-75 MINUTES UNTIL DEEP GOLDEN BROWN ON TOP.
- MAKE GLAZE WHEN POUND CAKE IS COOL. IN SMALL BOWL, COMBINE THE POWDERED SUGAR, JUICE, BUTTER, BOURBON (OR JUICE). WHISK UNTIL SUGAR DISSOLVES AND THICK GLAZE FORMS.
- REMOVE CAKE FROM PAN, SET ON WIRE RACK, POUR GLAZE. SPRINKLE PECANS OVER THE GLAZE. LET GLAZE SET
You can order a copy of Patricia Heaton’s cookbook here.
And, if you purchase it I may be compensated .0005 cents.