Spring is here and in Denver this means rain and slushy snow. And, when the weather is chilly I like to turn on my oven and bake something. So I made a pastel version of the classic plastic toy staple in every toy box across America. Lego my cookies was too fun not to use for these Lego Inspired Sugar cookies.
lego my cookies
These pastel Lego like cookies were the perfect sugar cookie to make since I had a bag of pastel M & M’s taunting me from the cabinet. I made these a few years ago and decided spring was the perfect time to make a batch.
Damn those bite size hard candy shell chocolates.
How fun would these Lego inspired sugar cookies be for a baby shower or children’s party. I went with pastel color icing because of the season and those darn M&M’s taunting me every time I opened that cabinet.
Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- ½ TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- DASH OF SALT (OPTIONAL)
- 1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- ¾ CUP SUGAR
- 1 EGG
- 2 TABLESPOONS MILK
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA
- MIX THE BUTTER AND SUGAR UNTIL SMOOTH, ADD EGG, MILK AND VANILLA.
- ADD DRY INGREDIENTS
- PLACE DOUGH IN COVERED CONTAINER OR WRAP WITH SARAN WRAP.
- REFRIGERATE FOR 3-4 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT.
- HEAT OVEN TO 350
- PLACE CUT OUT COOKIE DOUGH ON UNGREASED BAKING SHEET
- BAKE FOR 10-12 MINUTES (BAKING TIME VARIES SO -- USE A TIMER)