Oh I am so excited to share this gluten free pasta salad recipe! It’s one of my first recipes since my blog overhaul after last week’s hackapalooza.
A girl on my tennis team brought this for the post match mixer. It’s never a good sign when I start to think about food during the match.
I inhaled this gluten free pasta salad. It’s my first gluten free recipe. The truth is I am equal opportunity pasta lover.
GLUTEN FREE PASTA
It was an easy recipe, with the only difference, being the brown rice pasta. I heard of wheat pasta, but I had never heard of brown rice pasta. It’s in the same aisle as the pasta… just off to the side. If you can’t find it, just look for the more expensive pastas. It’s a little pricier than my usual box or bag of pasta,but I found it at Trader Joe’s for a dollar less.
The flexibility of this pasta salad is what I love most about it. I used a variety of veggies and I varied the list of veggies each time I made this recipe. My go to veggies for this salad included cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli and red peppers.
This is my new favorite go to summer pasta salad. It’s easy to prepare and looks so pretty on the table. What do you think? I have you cooked with brown rice pasta? I couldn’t tell the difference which I think is the best compliment!
- Brown Rice Pasta (1 box or bag) Cook per instructions
- Fat Free Zesty Italian (1/2 the bottle)
- 1/4 cup sugar or stevia
- Tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes or any other vegetables you like
- Cook and Drain Pasta
- Mix 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing and 1/4 cup sugar (approximately)
- Chopped cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cucumbers, etc
- Mix all together an chill until ready to eat.