Hi everyone! These Almond Joy Cookies are hands down my new favorite cookie. You know that feeling when you read the ingredients in a recipe and you just KNOW they are going to be amazing? These almond joy cookies are that recipe! You might as well plan an hour today to bake these cookies. And, you likely have the ingredients in your pantry.
almond joy cookies
The batter was so creamy it was a challenge to get the batter to the baking sheet.
The coconut adds moisture and the combination of almonds, chocolate chips and coconut adds a little heft to these cookies. Amazing! I have made these cookies several times and the ingredient portions can easily be adjusted. For example, I don’t care for 2 cups of almonds and I used a combination of both milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
almond joy cookies recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease cookie sheets
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla and dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.
- Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
These cookies were amazing. With the perfect combination of butter and chocolate and coconut. They are a bulky cookie which might mean you eat less. Their hefty size makes them travel-friendly; by car or care package too!