Today I want to share one of our favorite no bake bar recipes. These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are staple year round. The recipe includes two of my favorite ingredients; chocolate and peanut butter.
This is one of my sister’s staple desserts she makes when she visits from Knoxville. I don’t think she turns on her oven from April -September. And, who wants to turn on the oven in the summer when you can pop these in the fridge to chill and set.
no bake chocolate peanut butter bars
The smaller the pan the thicker the bar. Just look at that layer of chocolate on top of a big slab of peanut butter infused with powdered sugar, crushed graham crackers and butter.
I actually cut the square bars into smaller sizes than what is shown below. It’s a visual trick that if you cut them in half you can have twice as many. Right?
- One box of powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- One cup peanut butter
- 2 sticks of melted butter (1 cup)
- Mix and Press into 9×13 pan or 8×8 pan (if you want a more dense bar).
- Melt 1 package of milk chocolate chips and spread over the peanut butter base.
- Chill until set.