April is known for a few things.. April showers, extended daylight, and a break from the holidays. But there is one recipe that is in a year-round rotation in our kitchen; the sugar cookie. The icing tells us the season, holiday or event. Which is why I love Lego sugar cookies.
But before we break out the butter and sugar for this recipe, is anyone watching Sneaky Pete? My husband and I wait until 8pm to turn on Netflix or is it Amazon? or Hulu? Anyway, do you recognize “Pete” from Friends? Leave me a comment so we chat!
Okay, back to the Lego sugar cookies.
The icing and M&M’s are flexible for the season or event. And, the pastel M&M’s and icing colors are perfect for spring.
These Lego sugar cookies are a fun, after-school treat (after a little protein) or at our house a great cookie for family dinners with all the cousins.
These Lego sugar cookies are a fun, after-school treat (after a little protein). At our house, these sugar cookies are a great cookie for family dinners with all the cousins. These always bring out the smiles.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl beat butter, sugar until smooth.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla
- Add flour mixture
- Gather dough and divide in half. Flatten into 2 disks and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Roll out cookie dough.
- Place cut out cookie shapes on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 9 -10 minutes depending on oven.