You know those days or evenings when you want something with chocolate, but something easy enough that you don’t have to run to the grocery store? These chocolate & pretzel brownies will fill that void. These brownies might send you into a chocolate coma, but trust me it will be worth it.These chocolate & pretzel brownies are that amazing. #pinforlater
Between the chocolate and the salty pretzels, it’s the perfect blend for a brownie. I found a very different version of this recipe. In fact, it was a recipe called kitchen sink brownies, but I didn’t have 1/2 the ingredients (the ones that make up the sink) so I had to pivot and that’s how I came up with these brownies.
Sidenote: If you know me or my blog you know I substitute at least three things in any recipe. In my mind, if a spice starts with the same letter it’s close enough. This drives my sister crazy. We are like the Gayle and Oprah of sisters. Tricia is Oprah. I like to find shortcuts like Gayle when they did their cross-country road trip. How long has Oprah been off the air?
The recipe base is a brownie mix. I like to keep a few boxes on hand for when those can’t be stopped cravings kick in on a Sunday afternoon or a Thursday (it’s almost the weekend) evening.
Chocolate & Pretzel Brownies Recipe
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 -3/4 cup crushed pretzels
- ** any other miscellaneous baking chips (peanut butter, Heath, semi-sweet)
- Heat oven to 350;
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, 1/2 cup softened butter and water. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center springs back when touched lightly. Cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe dish microwave milk chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons, butter until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread on cooled brownies.
- Add crushed pretzels and miscellaneous chips.
- Place in refrigerator (you can do it) until the topping set.
This is my go-to brownie recipe! It was love at first taste.
The 8×8 pan yields s thicker brownie which is only fitting since I will be a little thicker after this recipe!
Sharing: Marilyn’s Treats