I love when a craft or project takes an unexpected turn and it turns out more amazing. This is what happened when I made a cheesecloth ghost. It’s one of my favorite crafts and I make at least one new ghost every year.
diy ghost centerpiece
This little guy was ready to go outside and while cleaning up the craft mess I placed him on the kitchen table to let him settle in for a bit. When I turned around to grab him I saw this …..
Where ever your ghost chills the details to make one are a little messy, but simple with almost instant results (success).
DIY ghost centerpiece supplies
- one package of cheesecloth. I found cheese cloth at Walmart or order cheesecloth online here
- form or object to shape head. I used a tissue paper pom-pom.
- Modge Podge and bowl to soak cheesecloth
- Plastic or floor covering to catch the drips from the Modge Podge
- 1 plastic bag to wrap the tissue paper pom-pom (so it can be re-used)
- objects to drape cheesecloth over if you want “arms” I draped opposite edges to cabinet pulls
Here’s the setup I created in my kitchen. A little messy for the kitchen, but if I hadn’t had to clean up the kitchen mess from this DIY ghost, I would never have discovered the cute centerpiece.
ghost giving the guests a little side eye
The details are in the eyes of the ghost. They are a window into one’s soul… or personality. My ghost has a little side eye going on…
Linking to: Grandma’s House DIY