Happy Week-ending! Busy Saturday around here, but the weather looks amazing. I have an open house until 2 pm today and we have plans to attend a Cinco de Mayo party tonight. The present state of my kitchen is limes and avocados.
It’s amazing how much more organized I am when my schedule ramps up this time of year. I ran the dishwasher twice yesterday. Cinco de Mayo always includes dessert. I baked two Cinco de Mayo desserts and prepped an appetizer last night. I should host more open houses because I am on my organizing game.
So here are a few fun finds from the week-ending (include the lime cake recipe). What are your week-ending plans and what is the weather where you are today?
- Not sure where to start with the container garden ideas swirling in your head. Check out this guide. I tend to purchase and place. I need to step up my game!
2. Here’s a fun read for the best restaurants in the south? Did your favorite make this list?
2.5 Check out Debbie’s spring antiquing finds here. I need a day to thrift shop.
3. I am obsessed with this blog. Michael shares tips for spring decor. I love his floral arrangments, simple.
3.5 Please send a prayer to Debra from Uncommon Ground in the days ahead. I have followed Debra’s blog for several years.
4. Do you ever wonder if you have already peaked? Here’s a fun read at the ages we peak at various activities.
Cinco de Mayo Desserts
5. One of the desserts for our Cinco de Mayo party is a lime based, white cake. I found the recipe here. The frosting is so yummy. I may have left too much icing on the beater just for an excuse to lick the frosting. The recipe includes fresh limes and lime juice. Two of my favorite ingredients and must have staples in Colorado kitchens.