Whatever you are doing it can wait. Either pin or print this chocolate pretzel brownies recipe because you are going to find yourself eating this with the pantry or closet door shut so no one else can eat these brownies. They are that amazing.
Between the chocolate and the crushed salty pretzels, it’s the perfect blend/match made in a brownie. I found a very different version of this recipe. In fact, it was a recipe called kitchen sink brownies, but I didn’t have 1/2 the ingredients (the ones that make up the sink) so I had to substitute.
Sidenote: If you know me or my blog you know I substitute at least three things in any recipe. In my mind, if a spice starts with the same letter it’s close enough. This drives my sister crazy, and several of you met her at Haven, so you know one of us is more like Gayle and Tricia is more like Oprah.
chocolate and pretzel brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 -3/4 cup crushed pretzels
- ** any other miscellaneous baking chips (peanut butter, Heath, semi-sweet)
- Heat oven to 350;
- Spray 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, 1/2 cup softened butter and water. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center springs back when touched lightly. Cool completely.
- In a microwave safe dish microwave milk chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons, butter until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread on cooled brownies.
- Add crushed pretzels and miscellaneous chips.
- Place in refrigerator (you can do it) until the topping set.
This is my go-to brownie recipe! It was love at first taste.
The 8×8 pan yields s thicker brownie which is only fitting since I will be a little thicker after this recipe! Enjoy!
Link: Katherine’s Corner