HI Everyone! We all know the work that goes into Father’s Day! #wink! It’s a good thing moms got the day “off” the previous month! This But, with Father’s Day we get to take charge of the plans and menu. So no matter what your plans for the Father’s Day weekend (Father’s Day extends through the weekend, right?) these overnight cinnamon rolls are perfect for the Father’s Day Weekend. And the best part of these overnight cinnamon rolls need just six ingredients and 1/2 of those ingredients are baking staples.
I got this recipe from a friend’s mom years ago. I make it every Christmas morning and Thanksgiving weekend. But Father’s Day deserves an easy cinnamon roll treat either on Sunday morning or maybe the morning of Father’s Day Eve. Or both! Warning these cinnamon and pecan rolls are addictive. And, the best part is the bottom of the bundt pan where the cinnamon, pecans and butter pool after 25 minutes of baking.
The kids or grandkids could make these with you for a relaxing night in the kitchen. Because of this recipe I keep a bag of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls in my garage fridge… just in case.
Overnight Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- One 1 lb package of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls
- 1 package REGULAR butterscotch pudding (not low fat or instant)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- GREASE PAN OR BUNDT PAN.
- SPRINKLE 3/4 OF DRY PUDDING PACKET AROUND PAN
- ADD 1/2 OF THE PECANS. LINE PAN WITH FROZEN DINNER ROLLS
- BRING BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR & CINNAMON TO BOIL
- POUR OVER ROLLS, SPRINKLE WITH REMAINING PUDDING & PECANS
- COVER PAN WITH CLING WRAP AND PLACE IN OVEN OVERNIGHT (UNHEATED)
- REMOVE PAN IN MORNING & PREHEAT OVEN TO 350. BAKE APPROX. 25 MINUTES
- LESS BAKING TIME MAKES ROLLS MORE GOOEY!