Can we all agree the best time to eat a Rick Krispie Treat is when they are still warm? It’s that moment when you pull the bar apart and the Rice Krispies are suspended in their own dimension of marshmallows. These Chocolate & Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars take the classic Rice Krispie bar up a notch.
This twist on the classic Rice Krispie bars is there is a chocolate mini Reece’s Peanut Butter cup in the center. And, if that’s not enough chocolate, the bars are topped off with a layer of melted milk chocolate chips. And, this recipe is a vegan favorite too with a few adjustments.
These chocolate and peanut butter Rice Krispy bars include a 1/2 cup peanut butter which makes the mixture smoother and easier to spread across the pan. And, the best part is the chocolate top layer seems to seal in the moisture because these bars taste fresh for days!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Rick Krispie Bars Recipe
- 8 CUPS MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- 4 TBSP BUTTER
- 1/2 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
- 7 CUPS PLAIN RICE KRISPIES CEREAL
- MINI REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
- 1 1/2 CUPS CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 1/3 CUP HEAVY CREAM
- MELT BUTTER OVER LOW HEAT IN LARGE POT.
- ADD MARSHMALLOWS & STIR UNTIL COMPLETELY MELTED.
- ADD THE PEANUT BUTTER
- POUR THE CEREAL INTO THE MARSHMALLOW MIXTURE & STIR UNTIL COMBINED.
- PRESS 1/2 THE CEREAL MIXTURE INTO A BUTTERED 9X13 PAN QUICKLY
- PLACE THE MINI PEANUT BUTTER CUPS OVER THE FIRST LAYER OF RICE KRISPIES.
- SPOON THE REMAINING RICE KRISPIES OVER THE TOP AND PRESS.COOL COMPLETELY
- PLACE CHOCOLATE CHIPS & CREAM IN SAUCEPAN & HEAT OVER LOW HEAT.
- STIR UNTIL CREAMY. SPREAD OVER THE TOP OF THE RICK KRISPIE TREATS.
- LET SET.
Pin this image for future reference for future Chocolate & Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Bars cravings ! Yum!!!
Sharing: Marilyn’s Treats